Monday, August 3, 2015

My Real Classroom Reveal

My newest edition to my classroom....a bathtub! Yes, this is a REAL cast iron claw foot tub! 
Hello teacher friends! :) Back-to-school is in FULL session and my classroom is nearly ready!  Now before I share my real classroom pictures...please know that these pics are those perfectly staged photos.  These photos are real-life.  You may see stacks of textbooks to distribute, stacks of chairs in a corner, empty-anchor-chart-less walls, etc.  However, I hope you will see some fun decor and organizing ideas you might like!  I LOVE using blue and green in my classroom.  Blue is calming and serene, and green represents growth and success.  I want to feel those emotions daily and hope that my students do too!  My class is ready for about 18 students and features 3 student computers, small group area, carpet area, reading center, Promethean board, and more.  This is my second year in this room.  I have had my share of moving classrooms in the summer and I finally had the chance to get to make this room exactly what I wanted this year!  Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to follow me for more classroom updates!
Panoramic shot of my room from the door side.  My data wall is ready...but I need a phrase for the "Student Work" side!  Any suggestions?


I cannot wait to see my kiddos doing their "Read-To-Self" in this cute nook!  My sweet husband bought this for my classroom before my first year teaching 5 years ago...and we FINALLY flipped this tub this summer!  I couldn't have asked for better result! <3

More reading center and carpet time chair

I LOVE my 3-drawer set-up between desks.  Helps my kiddos handle their desk clutter a good bit better!

Say it with me.... "I LOVE IKEA!!!!!"  These stools, ya'll.....best purchase ever!  After small group is over, they stack neatly in a corner and OUT of the way! And they are less than $5 each!


Chevron contact paper makeover for my cabinets!  Best and cheapest investment towards your classroom makeover!
Like what you see? See more updates by following me on Instagram at TheSweetTeaTeacher !

No comments:

Post a Comment